Ingredients – 6 Portions:
- – 6 medium bell peppers (any color), tops cut off and cores removed
- – 1 package Mix Vegs cooked according to package instructions
- – 3 cups cooked quinoa
- – 2 cups freshly-shredded Pepper Jack cheese
- – 1 cup good-quality salsa
- – optional toppings: chopped fresh cilantro, diced avocado, extra cheese
Preheat oven to 170 degrees C. Arrange the peppers in a 9 x 30cm baking dish so that the cavity side is facing up.
In a large mixing bowl, stir together the cooked black bean crumbles, cooked quinoa, 1 1/2 cups shredded cheese and salsa until combined. Spoon the mixture evenly into the cavities of the six bell peppers. Sprinkle the tops with the remaining 1/2 cup shredded cheese.
Bake uncovered for about 25-30 minutes, or until the peppers are cooked and soft and the cheese is all melted. Serve immediately, topped with optional toppings if desired.