Baked Lemon Halibut
Baked Lemon Halibut recipe:
When it comes to fish, halibut is a good alternative to salmon.
Health Benefits Of Eating Halibut
- Omega-3 fatty acids present in halibut provides a wide range of cardiovascular benefits like it helps in preventing erratic heart rhythms, making blood less likely to clot inside arteries that can cause heart attacks, and improving the ratio of good HDL (High Density lipoprotein).
- Halibut is also a good source of vitamin B12, vitamin B6 and folic acid that lower levels of homocysteine, a compound that can damage artery walls.
- Halibut is a very good source of magnesium, a natural calcium channel blocker, which lessens resistance and improves the flow of blood, oxygen and nutrients throughout the body.
- Triglycerides, a kind of fat carried in bloodstream, can be lowered by two servings of omega-3-rich fish a week.
- Intake of halibut improves the electrical properties of heart cells thereby protecting against fatal abnormal heart rhythms and making less blood clot inside arteries.
- Omega-3s reduces inflammation, which is a key component in the processes that turns cholesterol into artery-clogging plaques.
- It reduces blood pressure, prevents arthritis and promotes healthy brain function.
- Consumption of fatty fish provides major protection against renal cell carcinoma, the most common form of kidney cancer. It also reduces risk of colorectal cancer.
- It offers significant protection against both early and late age-related macular degeneration and fends off dry eye syndrome.
- Eating halibut fish lowers the risk of certain types of strokes. In addition the selenium present in it is a crucial antioxidant which is very important for a healthy liver. Liver detoxifies and clears potentially harmful compounds such as pesticides, drugs, and heavy metals from the body.
- Halibut provides protection against ovarian and digestive tract cancers.
Here is what you will need:
Original recipe makes 4 Servings
4 Fillets Halibut; 1-1/2″ Thick
3 tablespoons Extra virgin olive oil
1 teaspoon Sea salt
1/2 teaspoon Freshly ground pepper
4 slices Fresh lemon
2 tablespoons Minced chives