Ingredients – 6 Portions:
- – 1 cup brown rice, cooked as package directs and cooled
- – 1 1/4 cup cheddar cheese, finely grated
- – 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, finely grated
- – 5 large eggs
- – 2 cups broccoli florets
- – 1/4 cup green onions, sliced
- – 1 pinch ground nutmeg
- – Salt and pepper, to taste
Preheat oven to 225 degrees C .
Stir rice, 1/4 cup of the cheddar cheese, Parmesan cheese, and 1 egg together. Press into the bottom and sides of a 9-inch pie pan to 1/4-inch thickness. Bake this crust for about 7 minutes. The crust will just begin to brown.
Meanwhile, beat the remaining 4 eggs with nutmeg, salt, and pepper.
When crust is baked, lower oven temperature to 180 degrees C.
On top of the crust, layer the broccoli, the remaining 1 cup of cheddar cheese, and onions.
Pour the eggs over these ingredients.
Bake for 35-40 minutes until the eggs are firm and top is golden brown.
This quiche may be served immediately or at room temperature. Enjoy!