Ingredients – 4 Portions:
- – 220g ground beef
- – 220g ground pork
- – 1 onion, diced
- – 2 cloves garlic, minced
- – 1 (500g) can crushed tomatoes
- – 2 tablespoons italian seasoning
- – 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- – 1 (420g) package potato gnocchi
- – 6 slices fresh mozzarella
- – 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
Preheat oven to 180°C.
Brown the beef and pork together in a deep skillet over medium heat. When the meat is nearly cooked through, add the onion to the pan and continue cooking until translucent.
Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute.
Stir in the tomatoes, Italian seasoning, and tomato paste. Cook for 15 minutes over medium-low heat, stirring often.
While the sauce is cooking, bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook the gnocchi according to package instructions. Drain and add to the pot of sauce. Gently toss to coat.
Transfer to a 1 1/2 quart baking dish and top with the mozzarella slices and parsley.
Bake for 10 minutes.